hey guys, welcome to lifestyle Wednesdays! it’s fall.. the weather is becoming chillier, the leaves are falling off the trees slowly and somehow everyone is more sane and at peace. i decided to start meditating because i wanted to add something to my morning routine, but i didn’t know how much i would change only meditating for 10 days! i was so stocked with the results that i haven’t stopped meditating since then.
it all started from a podcast.. (yes i also love listing to podcasts) i was listing to my favorite guy his morning routine.. he was saying that him and his wife every morning do some breathing exercises and meditate for 10 minutes to 20 minutes every single day.. and i was just so curious about this meditating thing that i jumped in the bandwagon. and here i am telling you guys 5 reasons you should meditate and what i have seen improve in only 10 days.. crazy.. so let gooo’
5 REASONS YOU SHOULD MEDITATE
MEDITATING LESSENS WORRY, ANXIETY AND IMPULSIVITY
- honestly i saw this when i was really really aggravated that my final cut pro kept crashing on me.. i was in shock when i found myself doing the breathing exercises instead of throwing my computer outside my window.
IMPROVES MOOD & EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- trust me when i tell you that meditating will make you a lot more happy. you learn how to handle things, you don’t let your emotions get the best of you and you become a more patient person. SOMETHING I WASN’T!
INCREASES MENTAL HEALTH
- studies have shown that meditating increases mental health which is amazing.. we only use 10% of out brains.. the only animal that uses 20% of their brains is dolphins which is why they can censor what’s around them and when they are in danger. just imagine what us humans can do if we can use even 11% of out brains. it’s amazing just thinking about it..
IMPROVES BREATHING & HEART RATES
- i have asthma so i find myself in many many situations where i can’t breathe at all.. if you have asthma you will understand where i am coming from. so because i practice meditation i learned how to breath better.
HELPS YOU FOCUS
- this one is GREAT for students. school can stress you out so much and also work that you need a moment to unwind. i recommend you that when you are studying or you are doing homework to take 10 minutes, go to a quiet place and meditate.. it will clear your mind and it will indeed help you focus.
BEST APP TO START MEDITATING; HEAD SPACE IT IS FREE AND WILL HELP YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.
did this encourage you to start meditating? share this with you friends or family and tell them to start meditating!!
BTW; i meditate at night because it helps me fall asleep!
love you guys! i hope you have a happy, healthy life! xo